In honor of Heart Health Month we've put together a few Heart Health related links for you. Take the time in February to learn about heart healthy living but don't be overwheled by the information you find. Simply choose a few habits for you and your loved ones to begin on the path to a heart healthy lifestyle, then put those few habits into practice this week. Choose a few more habits for next week and so on, then you'll be well on your way to a heart healthy lifestyle.
1. 28 Days to a Healthier Heart This great resource on the Spark People website is a downloadable calendar with activities for every day of the month of February which will help you to develop heart healthy habits.
2. Heart Healthy Valentine Tips From the American Heart Association, a list of ways you can celebrate Valentines Day in Heart Healthy style.
3. Heart Health Crossword Puzzle A little something for fun and for learning about heart health. You'll need to click on "make crossword puzzle" towards the bottom of the page.
4. Heart360® By the American Heart Association, Heart360® is a convenient and secure location for you to track and manage your heart health. Record your health data with our online trackers, access additional information and resources on how to be heart healthy, and even share your results with your provider.
5. Healthy Heart Word Search Another link just for fun.
6. Heart Healthy Diet A resource from the Mayo Clinic with dietary guidelines for a healthy heart.
7. Heart Healthy Recipes A collection of heart healthy recipes from the Mayo Clinic. This is a very thorough collection of recipes which includes, beverages, appetizers, breads, desserts, main dishes, sauces and so much more.
8. More Heart Health Recipes Another great resource for heart health recipes. These are from eatingwell.com.